Terms and Conditions for the use of marinamap
We always try to provide you the best information. However, marinamap cannot guarantee the correctness or legal compliance of any information given on this website and the search engine entries. Any liability for results of wrong or unlawfully information is excluded. marinamap is not liable for the content of websites to which this website shows hyperlinks. The management of the linked website is solely responsible.
marinamap does not retain any individual data profiles of users. All data saved in conjunction with the request of internet documents by users is saved only in an anonymous way.
Personal data of a user is only retained by marinamap if it has been entered and transferred by the user himself (by "registration") and if its usage for the appropriate purpose has been approved by the user (for details see below). A data transfer to the marinamap server can only be accomplished with the user's approval for the usage of his data.
The approval for the usage of his data can be withdrawn by the user at any time. All retained data will then be deleted by marinamap immediately.
Personal data of any user will only be used for the purpose indicated by marinamap and approved by the user, and it will not be given to third parties. All data will only be stored as long as it is necessary for the given purpose.
The user may claim disclosure of any of his personal data retained by marinamap. Once he has given an approval for the usage of his personal data the user also may inspect the web document with the original wording for the time the data is stored.
Usage of e-mail address
The e-mail address of any users will used be only for the purposes listed below.
marinamap warrants not to give any e-mail addresses of users to third parties at any time without authorization.
- Verification of the identity by sending authentication e-mails: During the registration an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address entered by the user which only will be received by the user if the e-mail address is existing and held by the user. The registration can only be completed by clicking on a link in that e-mail ("double-opt-in").
- As long as the user has not cancelled his registration the user will receive e-mails within the functions and services offered by marinamap (e.g. newsletters, classified alerts).
- Within certain services (e.g. classified alerts) the content of e-mails sent to the user by marinamap can derive from other users or the forwarding can be initiated by them. Nevertheless, also in these cases the user's e-mail address will remain hidden to anyone.
- As long as the user has not cancelled his registration and has not withdrawn the approval for the usage of his personal data marinamap can send him information on subjects like boating, water sports, internet or traveling, also in a promotional context.
The consignment of e-mails to the user by marinamap can be stopped at any time by clicking on an appropriate hyperlink in the e-mails. After this the user's data will be deleted immediately from the list of subscribers.
Usage of address
If the input form does not declare something different the electronic storage of addresses is only done for the purpose of a geographical or national assignment, so that selected content from a certain country or region can be displayed to the users.
When personal data is designated to be published within certain services or website functions of marinamap (e.g. classified ads) the user will be advised of this circumstance on the input form. Nevertheless, in those cases only country, city and postal code will be published, so that the anonymity of the user is guaranteed.
Use of other personal data
The use of other personal data will only be carried out in conjunction with a registration and its direct purpose:
Area of application
- With the registration of marinas the registrant is asked whether he is owner or employee of the registered marina. This is done only to send him further information about maintaining the marina's entry if he is.
- With the registration of online logbooks the registrant is asked for the boat's name and the URL of the online logbook only to publish a hyperlink to the logbook with the name of the boat.
- Besides the data described above, with the registration of members of the marinamap affiliate program or with the registration of advertisers advertising on marinamap.com the address, bank account and billing data are also stored. These will only be used in the context of the business connection and will only be stored as long as they are needed for the business connection or legal information or storing duties.
- With berth queries to marinas, all user's inputs into the query form will be sent to the marina chosen by the user. All inputs will further be saved for one week to give the user the opportunity to send further queries to other marinas without repeating his inputs. After the expiration of one week all data will be deleted automatically.
The user of marinamap recognises and accepts this basic agreement. Should national law conflict with such an agreement between the user and marinamap, the use of marinamap is not permitted.
Domicile is Berlin/Germany.